October 12th – Banner stands are one of the single most useful and versatile types of trade show equipment you can invest in. We always recommend them to our own customers and clients specifically because of this versatility. They can effectively promote a wide range of messages, and they can also be used in many different circumstances as well – even outside of trade shows.
Even if you’re only an occasional exhibitor, our Best Displays & Graphics team highly recommend having a few banner stands on-hand, so that you can bring them out whenever you need to add a little extra oomph to your outreach.
Here’s a quick rundown of the types of banner stands out there, and some of the ways they can be put to effective use.
Best Displays’ Quick Guide to Banner Stands
- Types of banner stands.
Fundamentally, a banner stand is just that: A standing banner consisting of a frame and a piece of graphics being displayed. The graphics are usually printed fabric or vinyl, but some variations could also hold more solid graphics such as printed plastic or cardboard. It just depends on your needs.
Some of the most common types you’ll see are:
- Single-sided retractable: Much like a retractable screen, these use a roll-up tube that holds the graphics. This protects them when not in use, as well as making them very easy to dismantle and store!
- Double-sided retractable: Like a single-sided, but with rolls on either side. These are great for locations such as an island in the middle of a retail location where visitors could approach from any direction.
- Telescopic: These used fixed pieces of graphics, attached to a telescoping stand much like a large camera tripod. You have more options in terms of height, and the adjustable base adds stability.
- Video / Backlit: Banner stands can also support rectangular boxes -usually low-weight plastic- with room inside for electronics such as lighting or flat-panel video screens. These are high-tech and seriously eye-catching!
- Great Uses for Banner Stands
One of the great things about banner stands is that they can host pretty much any sort of message you can imagine, particularly if you’re utilizing video screens. Attract customers to your displays or company information with the use of banner stands or banner stands with video.
For example, you could:
- Promote a contest and get visitors hyped about the prizes.
- Create a “menu” of the products and services you offer.
- Show off new products along with multiple views or technical info.
- List your contact information across a variety of media and contact types.
- Show off your logo with high-quality super-bright printed graphics.
- Run promotional videos from your existing library of videos.
- Transmit video via Wi-Fi to provide live views from other locations.
- Create “light boxes” intended to enhance the lighting or color scheme of an exhibition.
- Use movie-style posters to grab people’s attention and interest.
This really is a “the only limit is your imagination” situation. The basic simplicity of banner stands is what makes them so multipurpose!
3 – Where You Can Use Banner Stands
Thanks to their light weight, fast set up, and ease of storage, banner stands are a true “go anywhere” solution for promotion. They don’t even necessarily need to be customer-facing! We’ve seen companies take their disused banners and put them to work as employee motivators when not in active use.
For example, you could:
- Enhance your trade show displays.
- Use them in flanking positions on a stage.
- Place them outside your business to attract passers-by.
- Use them to show street side menus or similar lists of services.
- Create a quick DIY outdoor display with a couple banner stands and a table throw.
- Position them inside your lobby to greet visitors.
- Add them to your conference room, particularly if you do videoconferencing.
- Utilize them as directional signage, with arrows and other navigational information.
Just keep in mind that if you want to use them outdoors, you will want to find some sort of solution for anchoring their base. Otherwise, the banner will tend to get caught in the wind. However, solutions as simple as sandbags or water-weights are usually sufficient to keep them in one place.
Best Displays Can Deliver Top-Quality Custom Banner Stands
Thanks to our wide range of products in-stock, as well as our in-house graphic design and printing facilities, we can be your one-stop shop for creating great new banner stand displays! Contact us today to learn how Best Displays turnkey services can deliver affordable custom banner stands for your next event!